www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corporate Contributions
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:19:36 GMT
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:41:31 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> I've proposed asking that a CCLA be required from everyone with an
> employer specifically to protect the employee as well as the ASF, to
> prevent accidentally (or intentionally) submarining IP into a project.
>
> I realize that this is an additional burden for contributors and the
> foundation, but... ("SCO, anyone?")

This is not an additional burden. For me, this would mean to choose
between my role as an Apache committer and my employment. I'd never
get a formal agreement from our legal department. I already had
discussions in the past, which I do not want to repeat, about the
question whether I am even able to assign copyright to the ASF.

Jochen

Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)