www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Copyright text, and javadoc license
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:57:46 GMT
--On Saturday, March 5, 2005 11:43 AM -0800 "Roy T. Fielding"

--
Error in Name

When the person named in the notice is not the owner of copyright, the error
may be corrected by:

1. Registering the work in the name of the true owner; or
2. Recording a document in the Copyright Office executed by the person named
in the notice that shows the correct ownership.

Otherwise, anyone who innocently infringes the copyright and can prove that he
or she was misled by the notice and obtained a transfer or license from the
person named in the notice may have complete defense against the infringement.
--

HTH.  -- justin