www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corporate Contributions
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:43:23 GMT
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:25:06 -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> > That would have a significant adverse affect on a community, and could allow in
certain circumstances, that employer to fork the project by licensing the employees work under
a license we can't deal with, and letting the project continue under their control....

> That employer could do so in any case.  They retain their own
> ownership and copyright even after granting rights to the ASF.

Is this the case (i.e. both ASF and the contributor have ownership of
the code ) ? That's another piece of information where I heard
conflicting stories, and more vetted information would be useful.

Costin