www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Inquiry on Export Control Issues
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 07:26:01 GMT
Here is the original members@ post which triggered my forwarding
this issue to the legal-discuss@ community.

The message below seems to answer the question posed to security@apache
quite specifically.  As nice as the ssl-howto.html reference is, that
page (and no other page I can find) answers the actual question of what
ECCN applies to Tomcat/jk (or other ASF projects).  We need one.

Do the statements below still reflect Tomcat/jk distributions
available now?  Have we injected ANY of the ASF sub projects' jars
which fall into 5D002?  How can we identify this?

It seems a web page documenting which pieces of ASF code were filed
under the TSA exception must be recorded, and publicly, and other
projects need to pay attention when they inject TSA code into their
distributions from other projects.

Bill