www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ima...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Corporate Contributions
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:18:58 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

> Requiring CCLAs may restrict the pottential contributors to those
> working for the few large corporations that do open source ( sun, ibm,
> etc ), or are unemployed/self employed.

I am working in a small company and we work with opensource. I think it
is not only on the behalf ot the "big" companies, but also what we call
"small business" in europe could win from opensource.
Said that we know we are in charge to the community and we try to gave
back what we can to let the whole thing work.

I do have no problems to let my comany sign (and my company would) a
CCLA as long as I promise I do not develop a opensource application in
competition to what we do here.
But there is so much base-work and enhancements to do to have no risk to
cross the lines here.

What I would like to say is: Any company who knows how valuable all the
opensource work is would sign a CCLA.

---
Mario