www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Question about using CPL-licensed software
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:09:32 GMT
Thanks, Geir,

The "this is creating derivative works under the CPL, and  distributing
them from apache under the CPL, which we don't do." is perfectly clear.

Is this guideline specific to CPL? Or is it a general guideline to not
commit files to svn that don't have an apache license?

In other words, if the derby community would like to use a DITA Toolkit
with a different license should I ping legal-discuss about that specific
license? I don't know how many toolkits there might be out there, but
there's already more than one.

thanks again,

  -jean

p.s. I'll poke around the apache xml projects to see if dita has
appeared on any of their radars.