www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: Export Control Revisited AGAIN
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:47:43 GMT
I just want to note (single minded) that none of this applies to POI.
We keep a simple-minded focus to avoid anything with the word
encryption in it because then I don't have to worry about things like
this.  Unfortunately it means we don't do protected workbooks but
I'd rather that then think about export control rules and goofy stupid
stuff like that.

-Andy

PS

The open source tech industry needs its own lobbyist.

suggested message: "Export controls on encryption hurt us and help Bin
Laden"