www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Copyright text, and javadoc license
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:23:14 GMT

Has there been any progress on the issue of
  "Copyright [yyyy] The Apache Software Foundation or its
  licensors, as applicable"
  "Copyright (c) 2001-2004 - Apache Software Foundation"?

See the mail archive at
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200502.mbox/index.html with
subject "tools to fix Apache License headers" for history.

I would also appreciate an opinion on the issue of whether "javadoc"
output files need to contain license text.

Despite raising the issue here, and on pmc@jakarta.apache.org, there was
nothing that I believe qualifies as a clear decision. I think
commons-digester is about ready for a new release (1.7), but personally
am not willing to offer to do the release management while this issue is
still unclear. I would very much appreciate one of the following:
(1) A clear opinion from a legal representative of ASF;
(2) a clear statement from the Jakarta PMC; or
(3) a clear statement from the ASF board.

See the mail archive at
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200501.mbox/index.html with
subject "License required in Javadoc output" for history.