www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: The reason I am against setting Reply-To (was Re: [VOTE] onReply-To on legal-discuss)
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:50:35 GMT
On Thursday 17 February 2005 06:43, Jason Hunter wrote:
> I agree with Fitz too.  I especially don't like that it eats actual
> Reply-To headers.

That is up to the mailing list software. For instance, lists.ibiblio.org
doesn't do that, and it seems that many client will in such case insert both
the mailing list address and the explicit Reply-To.
(I have not checked what happens here at ASF, though. Just pointing out that
it does not have to be like that.)

Cheers
Niclas