www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject RE: LGPL and "the Hibernate clause".
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:31:07 GMT

Sorry to poke holes in your reply, but:

Did you see Brian's reply to your last mail? I think you're confusing the
Hibernate clause thread with the general FSF/ASF meetings.

The ball with the Hibernate clause is currently with the legal-discuss
list as far as I know and the next step is (probably) to talk to
Hibernate.

Mainly I'm looking for Brian to guide us to closure on this thread so we
can consider the clause Jason and he wrote to be legally acceptable to the
ASF; and for Vadim to then be able to quietly talk to the Hibernate
people.

Depending on how that conversation goes, I'd imagine we'd post the clause
on our site with a bit of blurb, and come up with instructions for ASF
projects using an LGPL licence but offering our clause (clarification?
disclaimer? need to find the right legal name).

JFreeChart is another I'd like to be usable, so this isn't just focused on
Hibernate :)

Hen