www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject NDAs gone by 2010?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 02:12:37 GMT
The ASF JCP website says:

    "The Apache Software Foundation has reconsidered its policy of
allowing software used for general community work to be covered under
an agreement such as the NDA. The general plan is to eliminate NDAs
for project software in a way that minimizes the distruption to our
communities. We will work with organizations such as the JCP and its
spec leads to achieve an acceptable resolution. While a hard date has
not be officially set, we're looking for complete elimination of the
NDA for project software by 2010. Discussion of this issue in the
context of the JCP and the TCKs will take place on the
jcp-open@apache.org list. "

It's 2010 now :)

Hen