www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Problems with the process of obtaining TCKs [WAS: Re: Expression Language 2.2 TCK [Was:: Servlet 3.0 & JSP 2.2 TCKs]]
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:23:44 GMT

On Apr 20, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

> On 20/04/2010 19:27, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>
>> CXF has had the same problem obtaining JAX-WS and JAX-RS TCK's.   We put a
>> note about this in our board report for this month as an issue the board needs
>> to address.    I'm hoping to see SOME action on this tomorrow during the board
>> meeting.   Right now, it all has to go through a single person which is
>> complete anti-community and against the "Apache Way" of doing things.
>
> The Tomcat project isn't due to report again until June. I sincerely
> hope that this issue is resolved by then.
>
> I see you are planning to attend the board meeting tomorrow. Please feel
> free to add Tomcat to the list of projects that currently has issues
> with TCKs. I am also willing to volunteer to join an expanded JCP
> committee and help respond to TCK requests.

Fantastic.  I'll send you the info under private cover. I'll do the same for Dan if he can
convincingly articulate an understanding that having a limited access to materials that aren't
open source and under a strict license isn't in conflict with our general understanding of
"community" and "Apache Way".

geir

wrote:
> [...]
the idiot if that wasn't

> [...]