www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] New process for obtaining TCKs
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:05:24 GMT
On 4/26/10 9:59, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> it's up to you - seems like it would be nice to combine?  Maybe same scheme, separate
repos?

Certainly is fine by me.

I'd assume we'd just have:

     https://svn.apache.org/repos/tck/osgi-cts/

Right?

-> richard

> On Apr 26, 2010, at 9:52 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>

>> Is this the way we'll handle the OSGi CTs too?
>>
>> ->  richard
>>
>> On 4/26/10 7:05, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> As you have probably seen Daniel, Geir and I have been working on a new way to
obtain TCKs once you have signed the NDA. This is now live.

>>> Note: The process of signing and submitting an NDA has not changed.
>>>
>>> Everyone with a signed NDA now has read-only access to:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/tck/sun-tcks/
>>>
>>> Please be aware that this repository is huge and the svn checkout speed is relatively
slow.

>>> It is strongly recommended that you DO NOT try checking out the directory structure.
It will take days.

>>> You can use sparse checkouts or navigate the repository via your favourite browser
and download the files you need.

>>> Daniel, Geir and I are working on adding all the the TCKs we currently have access
to from Sun to this repository. The svn commit messages will be routed to this list so you
will see as we add TCKs.

>>> The current priority list for adding TCKs is:
>>> - latest Servlet&  JSP
>>> - latest version of everything else
>>> - older versions of everything else
>>>
>>> As per Daniel's previous request, if there is a TCK you want bumped towards the
top of the to-do list let us know.

>>> I can't make any promises regarding how long it will take us to get all of the
TCKs in place, but I hope it will me a matter of days to weeks rather than months.