www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing TCK materials ideas....
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:11:44 GMT
On 25/04/2010 19:32, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Sunday 25 April 2010 10:55:51 am Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> Also, I did up load to the geronimo zone last night (and have to do one
>> more thing and hand stuff to david...)  but that gave me an idea - why not
>> just setup a zone for this stuff, maintain a tree there, and everyone who
>> has TCK access can just be put on that zone, to get what they need when
>> they need it?
>
> I kind of thought about that option as well.   One issue would require us to
> maintain the zone.   Not being a Sun admin type person, I really wouldn't know
> what is involved in that.    They are also not backed up or anything.

I know next to nothing about managing a zone.

> If svn doesn't work, that's definitely an option though.

svn works with one minor snag. The upload for javaee6 took a few
minutes. The problem is the download speed. at ~30kB/sec it will take a
number of hours to download the same files.

The other TCKs are all much smaller so should not be an issue.

While the download time may look prohibitive, if you compare it to the
time it takes between writing an e-mail to this list and one of us
having a chance to copy the file across, a small number of hours isn't
that bad. And for the smaller TCKs it is a no-brainer.

I'm leaning towards continuing with svn at this point. That would require:
- downloading and adding all the other TCKs under [1]
- adding a jcp-nda group to svn
- granting jcp-nda read access to [1]
- populating jcp-nda with everyone who has signed the JCP nda

If the download time for the Java EE TCKs is an issue, we still have the
option of placing a copy diretcly in someone'e homedir on people.

Thoughts?

Mark

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/tck/sun-tcks