www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with the process of obtaining TCKs [WAS: Re: Expression Language 2.2 TCK [Was:: Servlet 3.0 & JSP 2.2 TCKs]]
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:39:41 GMT
On 20/04/2010 19:27, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> CXF has had the same problem obtaining JAX-WS and JAX-RS TCK's.   We put a
> note about this in our board report for this month as an issue the board needs
> to address.    I'm hoping to see SOME action on this tomorrow during the board
> meeting.   Right now, it all has to go through a single person which is
> complete anti-community and against the "Apache Way" of doing things.

The Tomcat project isn't due to report again until June. I sincerely
hope that this issue is resolved by then.

I see you are planning to attend the board meeting tomorrow. Please feel
free to add Tomcat to the list of projects that currently has issues
with TCKs. I am also willing to volunteer to join an expanded JCP
committee and help respond to TCK requests.

Mark

> Dan
>

> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 2:19:57 pm Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Changing the topic as I want to keep this on a separate thread.
>>
>> I requested the EL 2.2 TCK three months ago. I know the TCK was
>> available at the time I requested it since the RedHat (JBoss) folks on
>> the Tomcat project had copies.
>>
>> I am concerned that something in the TCK request process is broken. Our
>> inability to obtain a TCK that I know exists puts a fairly large dent in
>> the confidence I have in any response to questions along the line of
>> "Are there any updates (eg excludes lists) to the XYZ TCK?"
>>
>> At the moment everything about the TCKs and their current status is a
>> black box. How can we get a greater visbility into the current state of
>> the TCKs, particularly:
>> - which TCKs are available;
>> - when was the TCK (mainly the excludes list) last updated?
>>
>> Additionally, how can we be assurred that the information is accurrate?
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> On 20/04/2010 19:12, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> Ping.
>>>
>>> It has now been over three months since I requested the EL 2.2 TCK. I
>>> know it exists since some of the RedHat folks on the Tomcat project have
>>> copies of it.
>>>
>>> Mark

JSR252

idiot if that wasn't

> [...]