www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing TCK materials ideas....
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:13:49 GMT
On Monday 26 April 2010 3:30:15 am Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 26/04/2010 02:01, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > I've added the jaxws and jaxrs tck's as well.   For those, I used a
> > structure like:
> > jaxws/2.1
> >
> >          2.2
> >
> > jaxrs/1.0
> >
> >         1.1
>
> I was in two minds. It was the way you did it or:
> /jaxws-2.1
> /jaxws-2.2
>
> etc.
>
> I'll svn mv javaee-6/* to javaee/6/* to align with jaxws and jaxrs

OK.  Cool.   I was trying to keep the number of "top level" things a bit
smaller to make it easier to navigate.   As we start adding more and more
versions of all the TCK's, it would start getting larger and possibly a bit
harder to find what is there, what's new, etc...    Plus, it kind of maps a
bit better with the Sun site that you click on the technology which then
provides the list of versions.    Kind of  easier for us to see what has and
has not been downloaded yet.

> > What are peoples priorities?   AKA: which should I start with and what
> > versions do people need?
>
> I'd get the latest of everything and then fill in the older versions.
> We'll need to get the release notes etc as well for the files already
> downloaded.
>
> My personal priorities are:
> Servlet 3.0
> JSP 2.2

OK.   Sounds good.    Time to see what my newly installed DOCSIS 3 cable modem
with channel bonding can do......     :-)

> We need the svn auth changes to be made as well before folks can access
> this. I'm travelling today, but will try and look at this bewteen flights.

For jaxws and jaxrs, I had kind of setup some perms specifically for those
directories since we already had "nda" groups for those.   Since we're moving
to a "nda gets access to all" model, I'll undo that.   Not a big deal either
way.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org