www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing TCK materials ideas....
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:00:55 GMT
On Wednesday 21 April 2010 3:24:00 am Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 21/04/2010 02:28, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >> We could start off with a specific area on mino with subdirs per group.
> >> I'd be "ok" with that as a starting point as that gets them out of the
> >> home dirs so someone would really need to look harder to find them.
> >> However, ideally, we'd get a private svn repo for the materials to be
> >> kept and the materials would NEVER be placed on minotaur.  Yes, the
> >> materials are gigantic and SVN isn't the "best option" for gigantic tar
> >> balls,  but I think it would give us better control and security.
> >
> > Key here is making it efficient, and I think what you have is good for
> > that.
>
> I was thinking about exactly the same problem last night. A private svn
> repo was the solution I came up with. Rather than switch processes
> twice, lets go straight for this. I don't think file size will be an
> issue since the svnpubsub process is used for releases which can be
> equally large.

Looking through things, with going the SVN route, I don't think we even need
to involve infrastructure unless we really want to.   The jcp* groups are
currently already defined in the asf-authorization-template file and we can
adjust them, add more, etc... as we need (well, Geir and I can as officers/PMC
Chairs) and we can already create new dirs in the "tck" private repo as needed
and set perms and such.  If we really WANT the groups in LDAP, we can get
infra involved and pursue it, but if we aren't going to need it for group
ownership of stuff on mino, I don't think its really needed.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org