www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi CT access
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:38:28 GMT

On Jan 19, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Nope, it was concern about discussing the OSGi CT openly, something we are not allowed
to do for JSR TCKs.

That was true some time back. However, here's the latest guidance from http://www.apache.org/jcp/

"Traditionally, projects using Apache's TCKs have been very strict
and closed about what information could be discussed in public
forums. Over the years, this approach has been gradually relaxed
by some projects with no adverse affects on the community, the
general TCK testing process, or the ASF's commitment to protect
the confidential information entrusted to it.

Therefore, the following should be deemed the guiding policy for
dealing with TCKs from the ASF :

 Projects must keep the official TCK materials confidential. Use
 your best judgement. For the elimination of doubt, public
 discussion about using the TCK, bugs found while using the TCK,
 and any project-created frameworks or assisting software or
 documentation that do not reveal the official confidential TCK
 material is acceptable."

--kevan