www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: OSGi CT access
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:45:04 GMT
I think it would be darn ironic to be discussing OSGi CT openly on the "jcp-open" list :)

geir

On Jan 19, 2010, at 1:52 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> On 1/19/10 13:46, Kevan Miller wrote:

why they would like access to the CT (e.g. I'm working on the Apache Aries project and would
like access to the OSGi CT).

since he has more experience with this than me.

>>> For CT work, would we need a separate mailing list?
>>>
>> I think we're more protective of our TCK discussions than we need to be, but that's
another matter...

>> I believe we are free to discuss the OSGi CT openly. I believe our only restriction
is that we cannot redistribute or create derivative works from the CT materials. Richard,
Geir (or anyone else) alternative opinions?

> That is correct.
>
> But I assumed Alan's question was in regard to the fact that the OSGi CT is not a JCP
issue...to me, it seems ok to use this mailing list for that too...or to just rename this
mailing list to "open-standard" or something...it doesn't seem like we need a bunch of different
lists.