www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JSR 275 - I would like to vote no
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:17:01 GMT
Hi Geir,

I looked briefly at the specification and it seems ok to me.

On Jan 25, 2010, at 5:26 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> JSR 275 is a "Unit Specification" JSR.  I've seen two presentations
> on the spec, and I'm not comfortable at a technical level that this
> is on the right track.

Do you have any specific concerns?

Seems like they got the big issues right, defining ways of identifying
independently the "unit of measurement" and the "measurement".

Craig

> However, I represent the ASF (and not me), so I'd like some feedback
> on the spec - talk me out of it if you want :)
>
> Sorry about the short timeframe - I have to vote tonight...
>
> http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=275

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!