www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: OSGi CT access
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:44:32 GMT
I think that this is the right direction - that we should be as open with the OSGi CT as we
are allowed, and from what I understand, the license is fairly open and pragmatic.

We went the route we did for Sun's JCP stuff (lets be clear - our BEA TCK license had no nonsense
like Sun's tends to...) because we had to, not because we wanted to.

geir

On Jan 19, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

they would like access to the CT (e.g. I'm working on the Apache Aries project and would like
access to the OSGi CT).

>>> For me, this seems reasonable. I was looking to Geir to see if he agreed, since
he has more experience with this than me.

>> For CT work, would we need a separate mailing list?
>
> I think we're more protective of our TCK discussions than we need to be, but that's another
matter...

> I believe we are free to discuss the OSGi CT openly. I believe our only restriction is
that we cannot redistribute or create derivative works from the CT materials. Richard, Geir
(or anyone else) alternative opinions?