www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE wording in spec
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:55:06 GMT

On Aug 28, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

> Excellent!  Let us know when we're "clear"...  Thanks!

Geir tells me that we're clear. It's my understanding that we need to
carry the following NOTICE:

This is an implementation of an early-draft specification developed
under the Java Community Process (JCP). The code is untested and
presumed not to be a compatible implementation of the <specification-
name>. We encourage you to migrate to an implementation of the
<specification-name> that has been tested and verified to be
compatible as soon as such an implementation is available, and we
encourage you to retain this notice in any implementation of
<specification-name> that you distribute.

--kevan