www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Justice Department Extends Probe of Oracle-Sun Deal
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:11:53 GMT
Teaser from WSJ: (I don't have a subscription to see the full article)

    The Department of Justice informed Oracle Corp. that the
    department has extended its investigation into the company's
    proposed acquisition of Sun Microsystems Inc., according to
    a statement issued by Oracle Friday.

    The government's 30-day period to review the acquisition was
    set to expire midnight Friday. Instead of approving the deal,
    the Justice Department asked the companies for more information,
    the Oracle statement said.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124606768745364111.html

Oracle's Statement:

    Oracle Issued the Following Statement
    Redwood Shores, CA – June 26, 2009

    Oracle issued the following statement, attributable to Dan
    Wall, Latham & Watkins counsel to Oracle:

    "We've had a very good dialogue with the Department of Justice
    and we were almost able to resolve everything before the Second
    Request deadline. All that's left is one narrow issue about the
    way rights to Java are licensed that is never going to get in
    the way of the deal. I fully expect that the investigation will
    end soon and not delay the closing of the deal this summer."
    http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/020174

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!