www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Certify Geronimo with Harmony
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:30:36 GMT

On Jun 17, 2009, at 4:32 AM, Jack Cai wrote:

> As Apache will not get a JSE TCK in the near (long) future, some
> Harmony project members are looking
> back to the idea of certifying Geronimo with Harmony as a JEE-
> compliant server. Geronimo can now run
> happily with Harmony. We also did some free hand testing with a few
> applications running on this
> combination, such Roller, JSPWiki, JForum etc. Everything looks
> promising!
>
> Does anybody see any legal problems with the above idea? Is it ever
> possible to certify Geronimo with a
> non-certified JSE?
>
> Look forward to some advice! We want to get the ball rolling as soon
> as possible. Thanks!

I think this would be interesting. Regardless of what we can legally
claim, seems like there would be benefit to running TCK tests on
Geronimo+Harmony.

Geronimo offers guest-access to our TCK materials. Any Apache
committer who has signed the NDA agreement, can request access. I
expect Harmony committers would be more than welcome. I expect we'd
have interest from the Geronimo community, also...

--kevan