www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJDK / Java / Harmony / ASF
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:55:33 GMT
"The TCK is an issue, but I'm more inclined to read your quotation like
"If you don't give us the code, fine, give us the TCK so we can make the
code". But we got the code, so the TCK is just political fluff now. "
Mario Torre

Clueless or calculating, the above statement tells me to steer far clear
of Mario Torre.   It appears that in his world view, principles be
damned and it's perfectly acceptable to break contracts and screw people
over for personal gain. Regardless of personal opinions on the GPL vs
AL, his is a selfish & self centered attitude.  Integrity and principle
matter, regardless of whether short term personal interests are served
or not...

Bill