www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Certify Geronimo with Harmony
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:09:36 GMT
On Thu June 18 2009 1:33:17 am Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> We could introduce "Harmony Enterprise Edition", consisting of
> Harmony+Geronimo, and not mention "Java" at all... ;-)

Well, I know one component of Geronimo (CXF) cannot be built with Harmony
right now (even with M10).    Bugs logged:

Thus, I'm not "confident" that the CXF stuff in Geromino could be certified
with Harmony yet since I cannot get the unit tests and such to run.  It could
just be some of the frameworks CXF uses and CXF would run fine.   Not really
sure.

Anyway,  the key word there is "yet".     Definitely an interesting idea.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org