www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Patrick Curran <Patrick.Cur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JSR200
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:35:23 GMT
<head>
</head>
Nobody can produce a "dependent implementation" of this JSR either.
(That is, nobody who licenses Sun's source code can do so.)<br>
Those who submit JSRs are free to propose that the technology be
implementable in standalone fashion as well as integrated into the
platform. That's the spec-lead's choice. In this case, it was never
intended to be standalone. See the original submission at
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=200:">http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=200:</a><br>
  <h4>2.13 Please describe how the RI and TCK will de delivered, i.e.
as
part of a profile or platform edition, or stand-alone, or both. Include
version information for the profile or platform in your answer.
  </h4>