www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Request for JSR 200 TCK (changed subject)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:26:43 GMT
Looking at the JSR 200 page on the tck web site http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=200
  it looks to me like there was no intent to make 200 available as an
independent JSR.

<<
2.13 Please describe how the RI and TCK will de delivered, i.e. as
part of a profile or platform edition, or stand-alone, or both.
Include version information for the profile or platform in your answer.
This JSR will be delivered as part of J2SE 1.5 "Tiger".

2.14 Please state the rationale if previous versions are available
stand-alone and you are now proposing in 2.13 to only deliver RI and
TCK as part of a profile or platform edition (See sections 1.1.5 and
1.1.6 of the JCP 2 document).
N/A

2.15 Please provide a description of the business terms for the
Specification, RI and TCK that will apply when this JSR is final.
This JSR will be delivered as part of J2SE 1.5 "Tiger". The proposed
J2SE 1.5 licensing terms are available here http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/tiger/BizTerms.html

I don't see anything here to indicate that the spec was intended to be
licensed for independent implementation... And "On 2004-09-13 Apache
Software Foundation voted Yes with no comment." http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=2774

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com