www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject JSR-326 Project proposal
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:43:11 GMT

Greetings - I thought it was worth posting to this list the fact that I
have created an incubator project proposal for JSR 326.    I work for
IBM and  am the spec lead for the JSR.  The JSR (
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=326)  is concerned with creating a new
API for postmortem JVM Diagnostics.

My proposal needs mentors and a champion.

It seems to me that one of the areas we will need help in is concerned
with the fact that we want to run the JSR development in an open way.
Effectively the aim is that the spec will fall out of the RI. There are
and will be interesting questions in attempting to develop spec and RI
in this way.  For instance how much of the JCP process is actually
applicable when a project is completely open and how to position an
"expert group" when the whole project is open to the community.

The proposal is here http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/KatoProposal

Steve Poole