www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: discussion : Not for Profit Open Source Community TCK License Agreement
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:55:52 GMT
This looks like a good idea, but I'd like to clarify some points (just
to make sure I'm reading this correctly).

- This would allow the ASF to ship a certified Release of Harmony
under the ASL 2.0
- Downstream consumers of Harmony could:
         - modify and ship an uncertified release (an uncertified fork)
         - modify and ship certified Release only if they sign this
contract with Sun and release their software under an OSI approvied
license
- Apache and non-apache projects could "swipe" bits of code for
inclusion in their projects under any license (fork a class)

Assuming the above is correct, I think this is an excellent start.

-dain