www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Interest in participation
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:19:16 GMT
Hi,

I am a long time Apache member and a committer on Axis2, CXF, and
Geronimo projects. I work for IBM.

I would like to represent Apache on the JSR-236 Expert Group.
Actually, there is also JSR-237 which is closely related to JSR-236
but after talking to the spec lead there is a plan to close JSR-237
and reword JSR-236 to incorporate the Concurrency Utilities for Java
EE spec: http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrencyee-interest/index.html.
I've been working on the Concurrency Utilities for Java EE spec for a
bit now and all of the code that I've developed is already available
in the Apache Geronimo project.
Also, I've spoken with one of the spec leads and there is a
possibility that the Apache Geronimo implementation might become the
official RI for the JSR. And if so, the Geronimo community might also
produce the TCK for this JSR.

Thanks,
Jarek