www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Onno Kluyt <Onno.Kl...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Clarification of TCK policy
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:48:34 GMT
That's right. It's self-certify.

To Alan's comment about statistical results, we are indeed not
interested in that. It is not interesting to developers trying to use
your software that you are 75, 85 or 98% compatible because that's
going to be different for everybody. Sun is only interested in
implementers going all the way and pass the TCK which is why our
licenses clamp down on what you can say publicly. We want to
discourage "good enough" scenarios. Having said that, I can see that
can be informative to be able to inform your developers how much more
work you still have to do - ie, how much longer do they need to wait.

Onno.