www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling Innovation and Producing an RI
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:29:54 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

>>> I don't think I've seen a binary TCK yet.
>>
>> If I may comment, you have to sign a NDA to see the sources.
>
> The point is that you can see the source to figure out what's going on.
> Clearly open source TCKs would be far better.

you arent allowed to talk about the test with people that havent signed
the NDA, can't include code snippets in a bug rep, cant ask people who
havent signed the NDA to run the TCK over their tests before submitting
a patch. That == secret to me.

To be fair, Sun do make the TCK available. Whereas for OOXML, MS have
published truck loads of XSD and english, and no test suites for the
various XML formats that make up the system.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/