www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java6 and JAX-WS/JAXB
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:16:51 GMT

As an example, this is a MAJOR pain for projects like CXF where we're
implementing JAX-WS.

Our 2.0.x branch (targets JAX-WS 2.0) builds fine with java5 and seems to
work OK on java6<4, but will now not build on java6>4.

On the flip side, our trunk (targetting JAX-WS 2.1) builds/runs fine on
java5, but has major issues with java6<4 without doing wacky endorsed
things.   I haven't tried v4, but trunk MAY be able to build with it
since the API jars are updated.   Thus, this may be a "win" for that.

In anycase, it's kind of annoying that we now have to document "howto"
for Java 5, Java6 < 4 and Java 6 >=4.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp