www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: developing JSR RIs and TCKs at Apache
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:15:03 GMT
Hi Kelvin,

yes, it is possible and as Dims pointed out we did that with Jackrabbit for
JSR-170 and plan to do it again for JSR-283.

I personally think that it is important for the spec-lead to communicate
the intent to develop the RI & TCK as part of an Apache project and make
sure that the entire expert group is comfortable with that (which
is not a big issue in my experience)

In the end only the codebase is developed as part of the Apache project
and it is up to the spec-lead to formally release, distribute & maintain the
official RI & TCK.

regards,
david