www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Apache ratified for another term on JCP EC
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:35:44 GMT
I think there is an error in the text on that page:

The Java Community Process (JCP) has 2 Executive Committees (EC) -
Standard/Enterprise & Micro Edition, each targets different markets
for the Java Platform. Voting Members on each EC serve 3-year terms;
there are 10 Ratified Seats, 5 Elected Seats, and the permanent seat
held by Sun Microsystems, Inc. The 3-year terms are staggered. This
year, 4 seats on each committee are up for ratification, and 1 seat
on the SE/EE and 2 seats on the ME are up for election.

There are only three ratified members listed for each of the two ECs.
So I think that this text was copy/paste from a previous year when
there were four seats up for ratification. This year, only three.

If you look at the time line on the left navbar, you can see that the
elections for the EC open seats are now in the nomination phase and
elections will be held during Oct 30 to Nov 12.

Craig

On Oct 17, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2007 10:12 AM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com>
> wrote:
>>> Does that mean that RedHat will no longer be on the EC or are they a
>>> ratified member?
>>
>> Red Hat are a ratified member.
>
> From the page (http://www.jcpelection2007.org/jcp/
> ratification_results):
> ---
> This year, 4 seats on each committee are up for ratification, and 1
> seat on the SE/EE and 2 seats on the ME are up for election.
> ---
>
> So.  Uh.  The math doesn't work out.  Were 2 seats on SE/EE up?  If
> it's 1, then Red Hat isn't in...  -- justin

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!