www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Representation advice for JSR 314
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 04:39:20 GMT
gvanmatre@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre) writes:

> Hi *,
>
> I sent this message out nearly two months ago looking for advice
> representing JSR 314 and did not hear any feedback on my
> question.
>
> "Please review and let us know if this is something that ASF chooses to represent".
>
> We were recently denied a request to create a read-only mailing list [1].

I don't think anybody has a problem with you guys participating
on the EG for JSR 314 as Apache representatives.  The only relevant
question is whether or not the spec will be developed primarily using
public resources.  If you see that that's not happening, and the
bulk of the work is being carried out in private, then I would
expect you as ASF reps to try and correct the situation, or resign
from the EG.

So IMO a private read-only mailing list hosted by the ASF, which
mirrors the discussion on the EG's private list, should
not be necessary to carry out the truly meaningful work
related to the development of the spec.

--
Joe Schaefer