www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Representation advice for JSR 314
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:05:00 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:
>
>> Let's stick to FIFO.  If you want to do this in spite of Joe's concern,
>> please have Geir review the requirements, as he's our VP of JCP affairs.
>> But this is contingent on his availability to review the request.
>
> My concern is that creating such a list is a good way to expose
> the ASF to liability (confidential archives?) with almost nothing
> gained for our trouble.  If the board still sees merit in doing
> such a thing, I think it will have to direct infrastructure to
> create it against infra's best judgement.

And my point is that the board would kick it back to the VP to assimilate
all of the necessary arguements pro and con (including Roy's, and yours,
and maybe even Andy's) and present them concisely to the board.  It has
wasted far too many cycles this year on this distraction, it needs action-
able items (e.g. ask infra to create list Q for legitimate reasons A, B, C
over legitimate objections X, Y, Z).  Geir might be shot down, but at least
the issues would be codified in policy either way.  The board would also
probably push back such a request until the who-what-why-how of NDA summary
is available at http://a.o/jcp/.

Your concern is well noted.

Bill