www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Representation advice for JSR 314
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:35:22 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

> So IMO a private read-only mailing list hosted by the ASF, which
> mirrors the discussion on the EG's private list, should
> not be necessary to carry out the truly meaningful work
> related to the development of the spec.

And possibly bumps into the edge of the NDA requirements between the Spec
lead and EG participants.  We need that clarification from Geir already.

As for Joe's other comments, the board has yet to lay down any explicit
position on the openness or the lack thereof of the spec design discussion.
I expect it might happen someday in the future, but there are more pressing
issues to resolve first.

Let's stick to FIFO.  If you want to do this in spite of Joe's concern,
please have Geir review the requirements, as he's our VP of JCP affairs.
But this is contingent on his availability to review the request.

Bill