www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looks like Sun responded to the Open Letter
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:54:38 GMT

> > I wouldn't consider this a response to the open letter.
>
> Neither would I, but I would consider the following to be a response:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/richgreen/entry/score_another_for_clarity_and
>
> - Sam Ruby

Yes, but not the right ;-)
He didn't talk about the contradiction with the JSPA.  Which was the
core argument of the open letter.

I'm also curious about their position against GPLv3, released since
June.  Shouldn't they allow also GPLv3 to be consistant with their
arguments?
My interpretation can be wrong, but if they allow GPLv3, someone could
make a GPLv3 distribution based on Harmony, and pass the TCK test with
this distribution.

That would not change anything to the contradiction of their position,
and would not allow the Apache Harmony distribution to have the "Java
Compatible brand".  But that would just give one more illustration of
the weakness of their positions.

--
Gilles SCOKART