www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Suspend ASF Java development for one week
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:28:04 GMT

On Aug 12, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> WHY NOT SUSPEND PARTICIPATION IN THE JCP -- THE ROOT OF THE ACTUAL
> PROBLEM!!!

That is a possible outcome.  But we're not ready to give up yet.

Another solution may be just to close down the JCP as a valiant
experiment, and let MSFT and Sun battle it out with their closed
products (or join forces).  The rest of us would probably schlep over
to OSGi, use Harmony as the basic runtime, and see what happens...

However, it's far too early to consider either of those outcomes,
which would be fairly unpleasant and disruptive.

geir