www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject How Apache Votes on JSRs
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:41:21 GMT
At the last JCP EC F2F meeting, I gave a presentation to the EC.
(See in a different thread....)  In it, I explained to the entire EC
how Apache will be voting on JSRs going forward. This approach was
discussed and approved at the last Apache board meeting. We had quite
a bit of discussion, and I hope the following boils it down clearly.
As presented to the EC :

1) We will vote “NO” on any vote for a JSR led by a spec lead we feel
is out of compliance with the JSPA

2) We will vote “NO” on any vote for a JSR where the spec lead won’t
commit to a FOU-free TCK licenses (for that JSR)

3) We will vote “NO” for any final vote where the presented TCK
license terms aren’t FOU-free (for that JSR)

Comments?

geir