www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Looks like Sun responded to the Open Letter
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 07:14:58 GMT
> I have no clue anymore about what the FEF will or will not like.  The
> key test will be if they sign Sun's contribution agreement for pieces
> of GNU Classpath that Sun needs, so that Sun will have joint
> copyright, letting them re-license under closed terms to IBM, BEA,
> APple, Oracle, etc.

As there is little reason for us not to communicate with the FSF, I
just sent an email to licensing@gnu.org about this.  I'll be curious
if I get a response - and if I'm allowed to publicly quote it.

Interesting times indeed - but there's no need for us to guess what
the FSF thinks - we should be able to ask them!   -- justin