www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: How Apache Votes on JSRs
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:54:15 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> At the last JCP EC F2F meeting, I gave a presentation to the EC.  (See
> in a different thread....)  In it, I explained to the entire EC how
> Apache will be voting on JSRs going forward. This approach was discussed
> and approved at the last Apache board meeting. We had quite a bit of
> discussion, and I hope the following boils it down clearly.  As
> presented to the EC :
>
> 1) We will vote “NO” on any vote for a JSR led by a spec lead we feel is
> out of compliance with the JSPA

"we feel" is a "squishy" phrase.  "have determined" seems like a much better
phrase.  [E.g., documented our justification of how they are out of alignment
with the JSPA, and have given them a chance to respond.]

I don't want any JCP participant to feel the ASF would come down on their
proposal on some whim.

Bill