www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Looks like Sun responded to the Open Letter
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 01:52:11 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Okay...so when do we surrender?  Geir?  How do we surrender?  Or
> wait...we can just indefinitely vote against sun specs and do nothing
> more as a means of surrendering.  cool.  Sun wins, apache looses.

And you would rather we react how, exactly, in our fit of pique
and consternation?

This is actually the *first* response to any issue we had raised, by Sun.

Of course, months gives them the hope that the open letter was forgotten,
and all frustrations are forgiven.

And that's silly, if not foolish.  There will be some response to the
response, but asking the board, or even Geir, to overreact without
considering the ramifications is silly.

Yes, I understand that we will continue to vote against specs led by *any*
participant who is in violation of the JSPA.  And for today, that's that.
For tomorrow?  Patience.