www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looks like Sun responded to the Open Letter
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:02:41 GMT
On 8/13/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > Are we there yet... no, not at all. But we're
> > certainly headed in that direction and gaining
> > momentum.
>
> If this were not so, why would there be a .NET vm in the first place?
>
> What I found interesting was that MS focused on making this an ECMA
> spec, not a "Microsoft spec".  Perhaps they had already learned from
> simply watching the JCP?

I can't tell whether you are simply playing straight man, or whether
you are unaware of the history here.  In any case, those who weren't
aware of the history, here are two links:

http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/1999-05/sunflash.990506.1.xml
http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/1999-12/sunflash.991207.13.xml

- Sam Ruby