www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <henn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looks like Sun responded to the Open Letter
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:41:07 GMT
On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 03:22 -0400, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> >> But they are Geir.  Because most of board have been coming up in
> >> disagreement at least publicly with most of your "cave in and take it
> >> for several more years" strategy and yet at the same time...the actions
> >
> > Your assumption is wrong. The board stands unanimously behind Geir.
>
> That isn't even completely fair.  Geir stands affirmatively behind the

"Geir represents the position of the board. It is not true that "most of
the board is in disagreement of the strategy", because it is the
strategy decided by the board".

It should be obvious that he is not running rogue here and the board
disagrees; something that Andrew tried to imply IMHO.

[...]
> proceed with Z", I absolutely trust Geir would convey that direction,
> and to a casual observer, you wouldn't notice a distinction between
> boards'/Geir's statements.  Although we individually have voices and
> a dialog, Geir is speaking 'as the ASF'.  That's required of anyone
> who serves as a representative to outside organizations.

Semantics. I jwant to make sure that Andrew's accusations that Geir "is
in disagreement with most of the board" do not stick in anyone's mind.

	Best regards
		Henning