www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Looks like Sun responded to the Open Letter
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:57:03 GMT
On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 00:22 -0600, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> It also is a pretty shameless attempt to try to exploit/create a rift
> between "free software" and "open source".

Geir, please stop saying that. Sooner or later, someone will quote you
on it.

Sun is trying to create a rift between "free software" and "free
software"! And we should continue to hammer that home into the heads of
the "all software should be free" crowd.

The rift goes between "GPL implementations of J2SE 6" and "GPL
implementations of J2SE 6, based on the OpenJDK code". We simply happen
to be on one side here, but the rift is not between "us" and "them". It
is between "them" and "them, as defined by Sun".

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n