www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Policy for being on a JSR?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:23:30 GMT

On Jul 30, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> I meant to ask this because it applies for Java EE, as well as the
> ones today.
>
> What's the consensus?  I can probably argue this one either way.

It would seem prudent to me to wait until the JSR is complete and on
an individual basis determine if the Spec, TCK and other license
issues are acceptable.  The right way to solve this would seem to be
to get the JCP to fix the T's and C's on a spec first.

I thought the reason we voted no was that the terms weren't clearly
spelled out.  I personally don't think we should vote down every spec
where the lead is from Sun but should if the terms are
inappropriate.  Seems like we can be getting ourselves in the
position of people accepting us voting no and possibly implementing
the spec later if things are cool which diminishes the power of our
vote.

I'm glad Geronimo was able to achieve Java EE 5.0 certification
because I think 6.0 is going to not be as easy.