www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} Alternate Proposed Changes to JCP Participation - Round 2
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:52:20 GMT
> ...http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/jcp/...

I like your proposal, it has no impact on existing agreements yet
allows us to move forward.

The last red paragraph sounds a bit funny to me, here's a suggestion
which does not change its meaning:

Finally, the ASF would regrettably vote against JSRs that violate an
open environment in terms of licenses that add downstream
restrictions, whether it be the source that implements the
specification or the consequences of testing that imposes use
restrictions, or other restrictions incompatible with the AL 2.0.

-Bertrand